18 June 2020

Would You Rather?



I was tagged by the wonderful Amy at Amy's Bookish Life. This was a fun but difficult book tag. It took me ages to come up with the questions and I just had to keep Amy's first one as I'm really curious about other people's answers, hopefully I also have some good, original ones. Let me know in the comments if you've figured out all the books or even if you would like to have a go!


Rules:


1. Answer the questions given to you by your nominator 
2. Make your own questions and tag others


The Questions


1. Would you rather read a book where a page was missing or a book where the author doesn’t know the difference between there, their, and they’re?

Oh, I can't stand bad grammar, particularly in a book which is supposed to be edited multiple times! I wouldn't be able to get into the story.  I'd much rather have a page missing and just guess what happened.


2. Would you rather have dinner with your favourite author or your favourite character?

This is too hard! I was going to say character, but I don't have a favourite. It would be so difficult to choose from my favourite authors though and I'd just spend the whole time dumbstruck.


3. Would you rather be in a fantasy book or a dystopian book?

Fantasy, I'm getting enough dystopia from the world we're living in right now.


4. Would you rather wait five years for the final instalment in a series or get it now, but must read every spoiler before you can start reading it?

I'd want it now, even with the spoilers. I forget everything immediately anyway, including the previous book!


5. Would you rather read a book with no page numbers or no chapter numbers?

I don't really mind either.


6. Would you rather live in your favourite fictional world for a day or be able to or be able to visit that fictional world whenever you want but only as an observer?

I think I'd like to go lots of times and observe. I'd probably be too shy to talk to anyone anyway.


7. Would you rather read a novel based on a true story of someone you know or a fictional novel where a character is based on you?

Fictional about me, it would be fun to be a character in a book.


8. Would you rather volunteer as tribute for someone you love in the Hunger Games or have someone you love volunteer to take your place?

I would probably be absolutely awful and die after about 3 minutes, but I couldn't stand to have someone I love take my place.


9. Would you rather own a signed edition or a first edition?

Signed, definitely. 


10. Would you rather only read your favourite genre for the rest of your life or every genre but your favourite?

Just my favourite.




My Questions


1. Would you rather read a book where a page was missing or a book where the author doesn’t know the difference between there, their, and they’re?

2. Would you rather have the chance to save your favourite character or give a gruesome end to one character you really hated?

3. Would you rather be an animagus or a vampire?

4. Would you rather choose all your future books by the cover alone or just by the first page?

5. Would you rather have only physical books or electronic books forever?

6. Would you rather be a demigod from Camp Halfblood or Camp Jupiter?

7. Would you rather read a book that is really well written but the story is a bit boring, or an amazing storyline but the writing is awful?

8. Would you rather have a daemon or a patronus?

9. Would you rather have a friend with a library or a chocolate factory?

10. Would you rather visit the Discworld or Middle Earth? 



4 comments:

  1. Lol, I can't stand wrong grammar on supposedly edited books and a character based on me would be amazing. :D :D

    Thanks again for the tag Sabrina. :) Will do this very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly that first question is so tough! I don' think I could stand a missing page in a book because I'd feel like I missed too much. But on the other hand improper grammar frustrates me to no end, so I'd probably give that book a super low rating! In the end I'd probably still pick improper grammar though.

    I also would definitely prefer a book without chapter numbers, to a book without page numbers! I love keeping track of what page I'm on and how far through a book I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good points! That's kind of my problem with kindle books, even though there's pages and %s I like to see how far I am in an actual book :)

      Delete