19 August 2018

YALC 2018




This year I decided to go to YALC (Young Adult Literature Festival) for two days instead of just the one I did last year. This definitely made it a lot easier and I had the second day to chill out a lot more. Also last year the authors I wanted to meet were all on different days so this doubled my chances of catching the ones I wanted! Here's everything I picked up there or took with me for signing, all laid out looking lovely!




I also entered a few competitions over the weekend and managed to win this gorgeous goodie bag for my amazing photo! I'm particularly pleased with the 'naps and snacks' socks.




And of course, you want to see the huge pile of books I managed to get signed by some of my favourite authors. It was wonderful to meet them all and they were all so lovely to talk to. I imagine it must get pretty tiring talking to so many people and signing your name so many times but they all made time to chat.




I manged to pick up a few free books though I definitely feel there was less than last year. While the organisers this year have tried to make proof giveaways a bit fairer by doing raffles and such, it seemed there were a lot fewer copies of the books. No doubt this will change again next year. In general I found the festival a bit less organised but sometimes you just have to go with it! Here's my haul.




And of course I had to buy a bunch more to add to my towering TBR. Some I bought for signing, some I already wanted, and some simply jumped into my arms from the publishers' stalls. But all have come to a loving new home. These are just the ones I hadn't read yet, though I am pleased to say I've managed to read three of these already. I can't wait to read the rest, why can't I have endless time to read???




Did you visit YALC this year or any other year? I'd love to hear about your experiences and any other festivals I need to know about. Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment