5 June 2021

 Life In Books 
Book Tag




It feels like absolutely ages since I did a book tag! I first saw this one over on the Cozy With Books blog, run by Esther (@BooksCozy). Check out her answers here. Since then I've also seen in on Lili's Blissful Pages (@lilikmarcus) here and Lou's Book Stuff (@lousbookstuff) here

It seems a lot of people have already done this so I won't tag anyone but if you do have a go let me know so I can read your answers!


1. Find a book for each of your initials.

S - Sanctuary by V.V. James

A - After the Fire by Will Hill


2. Count your age along your bookshelf – what book is it?

Stolen by Kelley Armstrong. This took me a while and I would be a lot farther down the alphabet if it wasn't for all the Cecelia Ahern and Kelley Armstrong books I own. :)


3. Name a book set in your city/country.

Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman. From memory, I think a lot of this, if not most, was set it London. I love this series, I'm currently up to the fourth book and have the next 2 on my TBR shelf waiting (im)patiently for me to continue.


4. Name a book that represents a destination you'd love to travel to.

I really, really, really want to go to space to I'll say The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I just treated myself to the 42 year anniversary illustrated copy (heart eyes)


5. Name your favourite childhood book.

Marianne Dreams by Catherine Storr. I actually got this copy at a library sale but I think it could be the same cover as the one I read at school.


6. Name a book that's your favourite colour.

Mermaids by Skye Alexander. I recently had to find this colourful book for Beat the Backlist readathon. It's a bit more mint green than it looks in the picture.


7. Which book do you have the fondest memories of?

Mort by Terry Pratchett is the first Discworld book I read and was recommended by a friend when I was a teenager. I still love it and have re-read it and most of the series a few times.


8. Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?

A Tale of Two Cities, I literally had to force myself to read a few pages every day to finish it and it was the hardest struggle. I found it so, so boring! I'm not even going to bother finding a picture of the cover.


9. Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?

I am currently reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman, which I have wanted to read forever but didn't realise at first just how huge the book is! It's over 700 pages... I already feel an enormous satisfaction just at getting to half way!





No comments:

Post a Comment