27 October 2019

Believe in the Impossible Readathon




I heard about this readathon on twitter and it sounded like so much fun. It's been quite a long time since I took part in a readathon or reading challenge and I was immediately interested in this one. I've persuaded a couple of my book buddies to join in too (@SophiaZarifis and @PagliSi) so hopefully we'll be able to discuss some of the same books.

The readathon is run by Gavin (@TheGavGav7) and runs through November on @Believathon. It consists of a group book, Frostheart by Jamie Littler, and 10 prompts. There's a very cool compendium with instructions and all the prompts as well as suggestions in case you can't think of a book to fit any of them.

Some of the prompts and my possible reading:
A book featuring magic - Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend. I've had this book for a while and this is the perfect chance to read it.
An atmospheric or creepy book - Tunnel of Bones by Victoria Schwab. I enjoyed the first book, City of Ghosts, but a lot of it was scene setting so I think this one will be even better.
A book featuring an animal character - Fly by Night by Frances Hardinge, I've already read some of her other books but this is her first and I think a homicidal goose should fit in well with this prompt.
Re-read your personal childhood favourite - this can only be Marianne Dreams by Catherine Storr. I've never forgotten this book but somehow haven't re-read as an adult. (This one fits the creepy or atmospheric prompt too).




I also have a pile of other options plus many more on my kindle. I just have to figure out where then can all fit. Hopefully I can complete all the prompts, this will definitely help me with my towering TBR (to be read) and may save me from being crushed when it inevitably topples over me. I might have bought one or two (five) books for this too...




If you want to get involved, make sure you give @TheGavGav7 and @Believathon a follow and use the hashtag #Believathon if you want to share any of your reading. Look out for my updates on twitter and I'll update at the end of the month!

While I search through these piles of books, I've created a 'Believe in the Ginpossible'! Pour a double gin into a glass, add some blue shimmer and a dash of lavender syrup. Throw in lots of ice and stir, then add tonic to taste.





2 comments:

  1. Nevermoor is amazing!
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it, I've heard so many good things!

      Delete