13 January 2020

My 2019 Year of Reading


I'm starting the year with a look back at my reading for 2019, which was a great year for me! I managed to read 226 books, beating my Goodreads target of 200 by a very respectable amount. That was nearly 67,000 pages, with Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) as my longest book at 827 pages! My average rating was 3.8 stars and I rated 46 books as 5 stars.




With so many 5 star books it is incredibly hard to choose but here are just ten of my favourites from last year:




Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor
Circe by Madeline Miller
Emily Eternal by M.G. Wheaton
Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen
Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim
A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine
The Wicked King by Holly Black
The Good Thieves by Katherine Rundell
Book Love by Debbie Tung 


Last year I also took part in a few different challenges and readathons. One of them was Beat the Backlist and part of my personal challenge was for at least 25% of my reading to be from my backlist - books I already had on my shelves and in my TBR. I kind of lost track after a while but I have definitely gone way beyond. I am hoping to do even better this year by committing to clear my TBR shelves (impossible) and resist new books as much as I can (also impossible).

Getting involved in readathons and challenges is a great motivation to read more so I'm looking out for any new ones this year. Two that caught my eye so far are the A to Z challenge and Retellings challenge. I love having prompts to encourage me to go through my current books.

How many books did you read last year and which was your favourite? Let me know if you have any bookish commitments and aspirations you already know you won't keep.




No comments:

Post a Comment