27 May 2020

Believathon II - Journey to the Stronghold


"An evil witch has placed a curse on the Book-Keeper's Stronghold in the far North. Because of this curse, books have become trapped to everyone but you, so people in the Land of Make-Believathon are beginning to lose their imaginations. You are the only person with the courage and strength to embark on this quest."




Believe in the Impossible Readathon is run by Gavin Hetherington (@TheGavGav7) on Twitter and YouTube and is a great way to get more people reading middle grade and children's books. 

Like everyone, I started off at the Poacher's Pocket Inn and my first reading prompt was to read the first book in a series. For this I read Potkin and Stubbs by Sophie Green which I gave 3.5 stars.


   


As thanks for agreeing to the quest, a stranger offered me a wish from a genie lamp - skip 1 location on the map. I used my wish to skip through the Yellow Brick Road and go straight into the Deepwoods: read a book published before 2000 (I misread this as 2020, oops!) I chose to read The Umbrella Mouse by Anna Fargher, another 3.5 star read for me.

The next location on my journey was Orion Found: read a sci-fi book. I heard a lot of good things about Christopher Edge lately so chose The Jamie Drake Equation. A brilliant choice as I gave it 4.5 stars.


   


Then I was off to my final destination, the Book-Keeper's Stronghold. For this I had to read the next book in a series and I chose Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend. I've been wanting to read this one for ages so this was the perfect prompt. It also turned out to be my favourite book of the challenge at 5 stars!

I also made a couple of little detours with some audiobooks on the side. Baba Yaga's house with WildSpark by Vashti Hardy and Black Ice Bridge with The Spy Who Loved School Dinners by Pamela Butchart.

Back in November I participated in the first Believathon and created a Believe in the Ginpossible cocktail. See HERE for the post and recipe.







No comments:

Post a Comment